Sunday October 22, 2017Tell your friends! Click on the link for a printable copy of the Mad Hatter's Tree Party flyer.
1-4 pm, Wenonah, NJ
The Mad Hatter's Tree Party is a 45-minute walk with music, light refreshments, stories, and the Mad Hatter. Great for Families. Free. Rain or shine. Walk begins at the Eldridge Trail: intersection of E. Pine St and S. Princeton Ave, Wenonah, NJ. No pre-registration necessary. Sponsored by the Gloucester County Nature Club and the Wenonah Environmental Commission.
The Mad Hatter's Tree Party is a fun way for people to learn about the trees in our community and the critical role that trees play in a healthy environment. The Tree Party is a chance for families and people of all ages to share a whimsical adventure in a community forest.
The Mad Hatter's Tree Party is an opportunity:
Time in nature can be therapeutic and restirative. Over one hundred studies report that spending time in nature reduces stress... That green outdoor spaces foster creative play and imagination while reducing symptoms of attention-deficit disorder. In contrast, indoor activities or activities on paved, non-green areas increased those symptoms, Spending time in areas with trees and greenery was the most beneficial.
- For a walk in a local forest with family and friends
- For an event that brings people of all ages together
- For an educational experience with and about trees
- To celebrate trees through language and poetry
- To experince nature through the instrumental music of local musicians
- To assemble community volunteers around a simple, fun seasonal celebration
- To engage the community in locally accessible natural areas
- To enjoy drink, light refreshments and stories with the Mad Hatter
See the Mad Hatter's photo page for photos of the first Tree Party, held in 2010.
Return to the Home Page